OCIO Institutional Services
As an outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) provider, Alesco serves as a dedicated resource for overseeing all aspects of the investment process for our institutional clients, from endowments and foundations to defined benefit pension plans. Our OCIO approach leads to a more customized investment solution, cost savings, and faster decision making and implementation which lessens staff and committee member involvement.
Alesco provides investment advisory and discretionary investment management services; combining both into an effective and efficient portfolio management solution for clients. Asset allocation, diversification, and expense control are central to our investment philosophy. Alesco does not try to fit clients into generic, pre-defined investment models. Rather, we develop fully customizable portfolios that are designed for each client’s specific circumstances and long-term risk/return objectives. We are particularly strong in investment policy development, risk control, client education, investing as a fiduciary, and understanding the complexities and biases of the investment industry.
As an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor, Alesco assumes a fiduciary role. Alesco’s fiduciary responsibility is to act in the best interests of our clients at all times. We assist client staff and committee members in meeting their fiduciary responsibilities including: managing the portfolio to the stated investment guidelines, using the most cost-efficient investments that will match the returns of the asset classes they represent, monitoring the investments, and providing services that are fully aligned with the needs of the organization.
Alesco’s OCIO Services include:
- Customized investment solutions
- Investment and spending policy consulting and maintenance
- Asset allocation modeling
- Discretionary portfolio management
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) investment strategy capabilities
- Asset class investment management, including portfolio rebalancing and strategic & tactical portfolio adjustments
- Due diligence and analysis of investment managers, including:
- Tracking error
- Indexing methodology
- Timely and comprehensive portfolio performance analytics, benchmarking, and reporting
- Collaborative relationship with the investment committee, board of directors, and staff
- Education around macro-economic and investment issues